AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 was developed essentially to meet the requirements of Pratt & Whitney 521 Type II and MIL-L-23699 specifications and is entirely suitable for most civil and military engines requiring this class of lubricant.
AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 is approved for use in a wide range of turbine engines as well as the majority of accessories.
With the advent of the new civil turbine oil specification, SAE AS5780, which has more stringent requirements than the military specification MIL-PRF-23699, AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 was approved as a SPC (Standard Performance Capability) oil.
AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 contains a synthetic ester oil and should not be used in contact with incompatible seal materials and it also affects some paints and plastics.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Approved MIL - PRF - 23699G Grade STD (US) Approved SAE AS5780B Grade SPC (US)
- Approved DEF STAN 91-101 Grade 0X-27 (British)
- Equivalent DCSEA 299/A (French)
- NATO Code O-156
- Joint Service Designation OX-27
- Pratt & Whitney : Approved 521C Type II
- General Electric : Approved D-50 TF 1
- Allison : Approved EMS - 53 (Obsolete)
AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 is approved for use in all models of the following engines:
- Honeywell : TFE 731, TPE 331, GTCP 30, 36, 85, 331, 660 and 700 series APUs. ALF 502, LF507, LTS101, LTP101,T53, T55, AL5512
- Allison (Rolls-Royce) : 250 Series, 501 D13, T56, GMA 2100, GMA 3007
- BMW- Rolls-Royce : BR710, BR715
- GE 90, CF6, CT58, CF700, CJ610, CJ805, CF34, CT7, CT64
- Pratt & Whitney : JT3, JT4, JT8, JT9, JT12, PW4000, PW6000
- Pratt & Whitney, Canada : JT15, PT6A, PT6T, ST6, PW100, PW200, PW300, PW500
- Rolls-Royce : Tay, Gnome, Spey, RB183, Adour, M45H, Viper (Series MK 301, 521, 522, 526, 535, 540, 601, 623 and 632)
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 is also approved for use in the industrial and marine versions of the Rolls Royce Trent, Avon, Allison 501K and 570K, Honeywell TF35, Pratt & Whitney GG3/FT3, GG4/FT4, GG12/FT12, all General Electric LM Series of units, Turbomeca industrial engines and certain Solar gas turbine engines.