Mobilux EP 0, 1, 2, 3 and 004 products consist of four general purpose industrial greases and one special service semi-fluid grease. Containing a lithium hydroxystearate thickener, these greases are formulated to provide additional protection against wear, rust and water washout. They are available in NLGI grade 00 to 3, with base oil viscosities ISO VG 150.
Mobilux EP 0, 1, 2 and 3 greases are recommended for a wide variety of industrial applications, including heavy-duty applications where high pressures or shock loads are involved. The excellent protection of these greases against rust and corrosion and their resistance to water complaints make them the most suitable grease for environments with common wet and humid conditions. Mobilux EP 0 and 1 are suitable for centralized lubrication systems. Mobilux EP 2 and 3 are general purpose. Recommended operating temperature ranges are between -20 ° C and 130 ° C, but they can be used at higher operating temperatures by tightening the lubrication intervals.
Mobilux EP 004 is particularly suitable for enclosed gears and bearings with leakage problems. They are also used in many industrial applications such as gears and chain boxes where the leakage of conventional gear oils cannot be prevented due to seal wear and tear. Recommended operating temperature ranges are between -25 and 120 ° C.
Features and Benefits
Mobilux EP greases have a long history of proven performance and outperform competing products, particularly in areas such as corrosion protection, low temperature pumpability and long high temperature service life. The Timken OK load of 40 lb (18 kg) is indicative of the load and extreme pressure capability of these greases. These greases
* Provides lower wear in terms of equipment reliability and functionality under heavy or shock load and vibration conditions
* It provides protection against rust and corrosion, resistance to water washing, good equipment protection and lubrication even in environments with water
* Provides longer bed life in wet environments, reducing bed costs and downtime.
* High pumpability to central lubrication systems (Mobilux EP 0 and 1)
* Controls leaks effectively (Mobilux EP 004)
* Mobilux EP 0 and EP 1 are suitable for central lubrication systems with low temperature pumping capacity and are also used where low temperature performance requires.
* Mobilux EP 2 is suitable for multi-purpose use in ball and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal conditions.
* Mobilux EP 3 is a harder NLGI grade 3 grease and is recommended for applications where maximum protection against water or solid foreign matter is required.
* Mobilux EP 004 is used in closed gear and bearing systems with leakage problems, especially in underground mining machines, except for reducers coupled to the electric motor. Mobilux EP 004 can also be used for lubrication in enclosed gears and bearings with leakage problems and in many industrial applications where conventional gear oils cannot be retained in gears and chain boxes due to seal wear or wear. Mobilux EP 004, DR.EM.203 mod. passes the SEW 1008 hour gear test within the scope of its demands.
Specifications and Approvals
Mobilux EP has approvals from the following manufacturers: 0 1 2 3 004
SEW R32 / 302
Mobilux EP 0 1 2 3 4
NLGI Class 0 1 2 3 0
Thickener Soap Type Lithium Lithium Lithium Lithium Lithium
Color Brown Brown Brown Brown Brown
Worked Penetration, 25 C, ASTM D 217 04 Jan 20 Nov 06 Oct 235 415
Base Oil Viscosity, ASTM D 445
cSt @ 40 C 160 160 160 160 160
Timken OK Load, ASTM D 2509, lb 40 Feb 09 09 Feb 40 40
4-Ball Wear, ASTM D 2266, mm 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.5
4-Ball Boiling Load, ASTM D 2596, Kg 06. Sep 06.Sep 250, 06.Sep 250
Dropping Point, D 2265, ºC 08th Jul 08th Jul 08th Jul 08th
Rust Prevention, ASTM D 6138, Distilled Water 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0