Castrol SafeCoatTM DW 31 is a high quality solvent deposited corrosion preventive with excellent dewatering
properties. The solvent, after evaporation, leaves a thin greasy protective film.
SafeCoat DW 31 rapidly removes water from components subsequent to electroplating processes, after
machining using soluble cutting fluids, or parts that have been washed.
The thin residual film provides effective medium term protection against corrosion during intermediate storage
or transportation of vehicle parts and sub-assemblies, fasteners, steel pressings and extruded sections,
waterquenched components, etc.
Although SafeCoat DW 31 can be applied by brushing or spraying, its dewatering action is most effective if the
articles to be protected can be immersed in a dip tank.
• Based on low aromatic solvent (aromatic content less than 0.5%).
• Free from heavy metals, such as Barium.
• Stable film characteristics reduce run-off loss and thus increase process reliability.
• Excellent water displacing and penetrating properties.
• High stability against acidic and alkaline contaminations.
• Long bath-lifetimes possible.